- 450g lean rump steak
- 2 tbsp dairy and wheat-free Worcestershire sauce dairy and wheat-free
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
For the salad
- 250g 'Free From' fusilli pasta (we used Sainsbury's)
- 1 bunch spring onion, thinly sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 3 red peppers, grilled to remove the skins, deseeded and thickly sliced
- small bunch basil, torn
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp freshly grated horseradish, to taste
Marinate the steak in the Worcester sauce for 10 mins and sprinkle over the black pepper.
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain, then toss with the spring onions, peppers and basil. Mix the dressing ingredients together, season, then set aside.
Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak for 3 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Cut into thick slices, then toss into the pasta with the dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Note to the chefWorcestershire sauce is a great storecupboard ingredient, but some brands are not allergenfree, so we have found a very good alternative for this, too. We chose to use fresh horseradish in the sauce rather than turning to a jar, as some contain dairy or egg products.