- 2 medium aubergines
- 2 tbsp Napolina olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can Napolina peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 x 150g Napolina Pizzeria pizza bases
- 200g smoked mozzarella, torn
- 3 tbsp Napolina balsamic vinegar
- handful of basil leaves
METHOD1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Rub the aubergines with 1 tbsp of the Napolina olive oil and roast for 1 hr, turning a couple of times.
2. While the aubergines cook, heat the remaining Napolina olive oil in a saucepan, add the oregano and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in the Napolina peeled plum tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins to thicken, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
3. Crank the oven up to 220C/200C fan/gas 8. Spoon the sauce over the Napolina Pizzeria pizza bases. Tear up the aubergine and drape over the pizzas, then dot over the smoked mozzarella. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Put the Napolina balsamic vinegar in a small pan and cook over a high heat for 1 min, until the vinegar has thickened. Drizzle over the pizzas and top with basil leaves.