Points to remember
- Melt chocolate in small pieces over barely simmering water. Watch the 'how to melt chocolate video' to see this in detail.
- Allow the chocolate to cool a little while you let the cream come to room temperature.
- Whisk the cream into the chocolate a little at a time until the mixture begins to thicken - this will add a lightness to the truffles.
- Alternatively, you can heat your cream and then stir through chopped chocolate.
- If you want to add alcohol, add a small amount now.
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for 30 mins -1 hour to firm up.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture, roll them between the palms or your hands and then roll them in your selected coatings - chopped nuts, crushed biscuits or cocoa.
- Chill before serving. These will keep in the fridge for a few days.