Points to remember
- Colour the icing with green food colouring.
- Stamp tree shapes from the icing in different sizes and shapes.
- Put the trees onto a rack and drizzle with runny icing. Scatter with edible sprinkles, or just leave to dry.
- Use the leftover runny icing to stick the trees around the sides of the cake. Overlap them to give a 3D effect.
- Finish off by scattering silver and green sweets on the top.
Only add a little bit of the food colouring to the icing as a little goes a long way. You can always add more but if you add too much you may be stuck with a colour you don't like.