- 6 roasted garlic cloves (use leftovers from our roast pepper & chorizo salad dish - recipe right)
- 4 roasted red peppers (use leftovers from our roast pepper & chorizo salad dish - recipe right)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 75g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
arr-mund or al-mund
Sweet almonds have a subtle fragrance that lends itself well to baking and also works well with…
- 50g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), roughly chopped, plus extra for serving (optional)
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 400g pasta (we used tripolini)
Pasta is the Italian name for Italy's version of a basic foodstuff which is made in many…
- large pack basil leaves
Remove the skin from the roasted garlic cloves. In the small bowl of a food processor, whizz the roasted peppers, garlic, cayenne, almonds, Parmesan and oil until it makes a rough pesto consistency. Taste and season.
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with the pesto, basil and a little of the cooking water, then heat through. Serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.