- 140g soft dried fig, roughly chopped
Although not juicy, the fig is an incredibly luscious fruit, with a delicate aroma and sweet…
- 75g coconut oil
- 6 tbsp clear honey or agave syrup
Agave syrup (also known as agave nectar) is a naturally occurring sweetener similar in…
- 300g rolled oats (we used ½ jumbo oats and ½ porridge oats)
- 50g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 50g sultana, roughly chopped
- 85g dried apricot, roughly chopped
- 75g mixed nut, roughly chopped (we used Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts)
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment. Put the figs in a small pan with 150ml water and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half. Transfer to a food processor and whizz to a paste.
Melt the coconut oil and syrup together over a low heat, then stir through the fig paste. Put the oats, dried fruit and nuts in a bowl and mix well, then pour over the wet mixture and stir until combined. Scrape into the tin and bake for 25-30 mins. Leave to cool before cutting into pieces.