tomato sauce and rigatoni
Member recipe by vstothard
- 3 1/2 floz olive oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g chopped tinned toms (good quality)#400g good quality sausages
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 8oz rigatoni
- chopped basil
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 3 mins, stirring. Add garlic, season and cook for 2 mins more.
- Add toms and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 mins, stirring.
- Use a knife to split open the sausages, then squeeze out the meat. Tip into a separate frying pan. Cook for 5 mins, breaking up the sausage meat with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the fennel seeds and cook for 5 mins more until the meat is cooked through and golden brown. Pour over the tomato sauce and leave to simmer while you cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water.
- Drain the pasta reserving a little of the water. If the sauce looks dry add a little of water then serve the sausage sauce spooned over the pasta. Sprinkle with basil.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…