- 4 tbsp hot salsa from a jar
- 2 large flour tortilla, seeded or plain
In Spain, a tortilla is a kind of omelette, with ingredients added - frequently sliced cooked…
- 215g can kidney bean, drained and roughly mashed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 50g leftover roast chicken, shredded (use the last of the meat on the carcass)
Chicken's many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it…
- 85g grated mature cheddar
- ½ a 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped (optional)
- oil, for brushing
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Spread 2 tbsp salsa onto each tortilla, then evenly top one of them with the beans, spring onion, chicken and cheddar. Scatter with coriander, if you have it. Sandwich with the other tortilla, then brush with oil.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan, then cook the tortilla, oil-side down, for 4 mins. Carefully turn over with a palette knife (or by turning it out onto a plate, sliding it back into the pan), then cook for 2 mins on the other side until golden. Serve cut into wedges.
Alternative filling idea
Mix leftover roast chicken with grated cheese, mango chutney and chopped spring onions.
Try serving your tortillas with sliced avocado and coriander tossed in a little lime juice.