Member recipe by jessicahyland
- Sweet pastry case (i bought mine pre made)
- 315ml Double cream
- 2 level tbsp Caster sugar
- 85g Butter
- 400g Dark Chocolate
- 100ml Milk
- The smallest pinch of salt
- Place the cream, sugar and salt in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. As soon as the mixture boils remove from the heat.
- Add the butter, slowly add the chocolate small pieces at a time stir the mixture until all the chocolate has melted (it'll take about 10 minutes)
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and than add the milk gradually to the chocolate mixture using a folding motion to combine. Sometimes if the milk is added to quickly the mixture can spilt if it does just allow it to cool a bit more and whisk in a little more milk until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into the pastry case (the mixture will fill 2 small pastry cases or 1 large one)
- Allow to set in the fridge for a few hours and then serve with cream or ice cream.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…