Member recipe by vstothard
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 8 oz softened butter plus 3 tbsp melted
- 8 oz sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 10 oz SR flour
- 3 1/2 fl oz milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tsp strawberry jam (1/2 a jar)
- 3-4 sugar cubes, crushed
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Beat together the softened butter, sugar, eggs, flour, milk and baking powder in a large bowl. Beat together until you have a smooth batter.
- Line a 12 hole bun tin with cases. Fill the cases two-thirds full with the batter. Then make a small dip in the batter and add 1 tsp jam into the dip. cover with another tsp of cake batter and repeat for the remaining cupcakes. bake in the oven for 25 mins until risen and cooked through.
- Brush some melted butter over each cake then sprinkle with the crushed sugar and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…