Almond and Lemon tart
Member recipe by mitrajam
Simple Tart with this amazing lemon tangy taste complimenting the delicious texture of the almonds
- 8 oz plain short-crust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz icing sugar
- 2 lemons
- 31/2 oz butter, melted
- 21/2 oz ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C .Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and place in a 8 inch tart dish.
- Bake pie shell blind for 10 minutes,until golden brown, remove from oven. REDUCE oven temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and icing sugar together in a bowl until fluffy. Mix in grated rind of 2 lemons, melted butter , ground almonds juice of both lemons.
- The consistency will look strange but it will change once cooked.
- Pour filling into pastry case bake for 25 minutes, until filling has set. Leave to cool.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…