Member recipe by emh123
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Cakes
These buns are a firm family favourite,yummy jammy buns, a mixture between a donut and a jam tart, perfect!
- 340g Self Raising Flour
- 85g Margarine
- 120g Caster Sugar
- Raspberry Jam (or Jam/chocolate spread of your choice)
- 6 tbs Milk
- pre-heat oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5
- seive flour, Rub in margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs, add sugar
- add the milk to the mixture, little by little until it is a soft but not too wet dough.
- place the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly until completely smooth
- Roll out dough to about 0.75 cms thick, cut into round ( 12cms in diameter, a glass can be used for this) place a teaspoon of jam on to each one.
- Damp edges of dough and fold them inwards to cover the jam. Put buns onto a greased tray, joined side down, they do spread to twice the size so leave plenty of room between each one,
- Bake in a fairly hot oven for 15 - 20 mins
- cool on wire rack
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…