Lentil and Hazelnut Burgers
Member recipe by tonyling
- Red Lentils 226g
- Chicken or vegetable stock - 250mls
- Red Onion finely chopped small
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Red chilly - finely chopped 1 - 2 to taste
- Chestnut Mushrooms - Finely Chopped 56g
- Hazelnuts roasted and crushed 100g
- Cheddar finely grated 56g
- Dried mixed herbs 1 teaspoon
- 1 egg - large
- Bread crumbs -56g
- Cook lentils in stock until just cooked and drain well. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sweat onion, garlic, chilly and mushrooms for 5 minutes then add hazelnuts and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Put onions, garlic, chilly, mushrooms and hazelnut mixture in a bowl and add cheddar and dried herbs and lentils and mix well.
- Mix in the egg.
- Blend in enough breadcrumbs to ensure a firm mixture.
- Form the mixture into burgers and rest in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Shallow fry on a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes minutes on each side.
- Shallow fry on a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes minutes on each side
- Serve with minted new potatoes and rocket salad.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…