Tuna Mushroom Sauce for Pasta
Member recipe by saraheoliver
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g mushrooms (pref. chestnut), chopped
- 1 x 295g tin condensed mushroom soup
- White wine or lemon juice
- 1 x 185g tin tuna chunks, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion and fry on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. The onion should be soft and translucent, not browned.
- Add the mushroom soup and stir. Pour milk into the soup can to fill about 1/4 then add to the pan.
- Add a good splash of white wine (if using) or a good dash of lemon juice instead. Leave to simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tuna and seasoning and heat through. Best served with tagliatelle.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…