Citrus Prawn Sizzle
Member recipe by flapjack5
A fresh combination of citrus and ginger compliment the unique flavour of prawns.Equally good with noodles or rice.
- 16-20 large prawns,thawed if frozen
- 8 Spring onions,cut into strips
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3cm thumb ginger,peeled and grated
- 2 tspns cornflour
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 green chlli,left whole
- freshly ground black pepper
- splash of oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok over a high heat.
- Add the prawns to the wok together with the chilli,ginger and garlic and let sizzle together for 3 minutes.
- When the prawns are a nice pink colour,add the spring onions to the pan and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour together with the lemon juice and honey if, using and stir into the pan.Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…