Ultimate Gingerbread Men
Member recipe by neilisou
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Biscuits
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar>
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 c. molasses/black treacle
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder or soda (we used powder)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in egg, molasses, and vinegar, beating well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves and mix well.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Turn oven to 190 degrees. Prepare a surface with flour. Use rolling pin to roll dough to 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutters and put gingerbread men on a cookie sheet. Bake for six minutes. Let cool. Have fun decorating!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…