Simple Homemade Mayonnaise
Member recipe by bronwenmclaren
Only a few ingredients, only 15 mins prep time, add garlic during preparation to turn it into aioli.
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml light olive oil
- Good squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Sit a large bowl on a cloth to stop it moving. Put the egg yolks into the bowl with the Dijon mustard and a little seasoning and whisk well until smooth.
- Gradually add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking all the time. You should have a smooth, quite thick mayonnaise that stands in peaks.
- Add lemon juice to taste and briefly whisk.
- If it's too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water to give a good consistency.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…