mum's bread pudding
Member recipe by jmaddern
fruity,spicy bread pudding with a special ingredient, a jar of mincemeat.
- chuck in as much as you like of the following: bread (preferably brown wholemeal) (not fresh) I sometimes use sliced
- milk (skimmed or semi)
- eggs beaten with a drop of milk
- luxury dried mixed fruit plus raisins
- mixed spice/cinnamon
- anything in storecupboard, e.g. jam/syrup
- small amount of flour to bind
- suet (beef or vegetarian) not too much!
- jar of mincemeat (1 or 2 if you are making a big one!)
- grated carrot
- soak the bread in the milk for 30mins/1 hr.
- squeeze out the bread
- mix all the other ingredients with the sloppy bread leaving the flour til last, add just enough to help bind it all
- lightly butter a roasting tin. Put the mixture in and smooth it down, then run a fork over it and sprinkle it with a little sugar
- bake in the oven fan 140 for an hour or so till browning on top. Don't overcook it or it'll dry it out. Enjoy hot or cold.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…