Bren's fish pie
Member recipe by cocoonbarbie
- 1 pack cooked King/Jumbo prawns [Sainsbury's are good]
- 1 pack smoked haddock fillets
- Green veg such as asparagus or brocolli lightly steamed.
- 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs halved
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 small finely chopped carrot
- 1 tub of good quality cheese sauce [I usually use S'bury's]
- 1 tsp English mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Juice from a lemon
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Topping : Breadcrumbs made from half a ciabatta or other bread such as tomato / olive
- About 4 spring onions
- Small piece of parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven 180C. Cook haddock - see instructions on pack. I usually simmer mine, then flake into shallow dish along with prawns.
- Gently saute onions and carrots for about 10 mins. Add cheese sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper, chopped parsley and then lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Make topping by whizzing the bread, chopped spring onions and finely chopped parmesan together.
- Add veg to fish, pour over sauce and mix gently. Place eggs on top. Spoon breadcrumb topping over.
- Bake in middle of oven for about 30mins. Pop under the grill to brown if needed.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…