Spicy Jack Chicken & Tower
Member recipe by sally300473
Spicy chicken, cooked with a blend of shallots, chillis, tomatoes & Jack Daniels, served with a tower of spiced chips
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 shallotts, finely sliced
- 1/4 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 20g root ginger, rough chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 large free range organic chicken breasts
- 50ml Jack Daniels
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 4 tsps Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsps Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, to form a smooth paste.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large dish with the marinade, cover with cling film, and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the baking potatoes into thick chunky chip shapes, trying to get about 4 chips per potato
- Boil the chips in a large pan of boiling water, for about 10 minutes
- Place the chips onto a baking tray, sprinkle the cayenne pepper and black pepper evenly over the chips, and drizzle with olive oil (fry light works well too). Place in a preheated oven at 190C
- In a smoking hot frying pan, add the chicken breasts, and cook for approximately 3 mins on each side. Add any remaining marinade from the bowl, then transfer to a baking dish, and place in the oven with the chips
- Using the same frying pan the chicken was cooked in, add the tomatoes and sugar, and cook for around 5 mins on a high heat. Then add the Jack Daniels (and flambee if using gas!). Leave to reduce.
- After aproximately 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven, and add back into the frying pan with the tomatoes
- Remove the chips from the oven (once golden in colour) and stack into a tower of 6 chips per person on large plates
- Place a chicken breast on each plate alongside the chip tower, and drizzle in the sauce = garnish with coriander
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…