Member recipe by thebrowngirls
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Bars
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 175g butter
- 1 generous tablespoon golden syrup
- 275g porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Finely chopped dried apricots (optional)
- Handful dessicated coconut (optional)
- Grease a 20cm/8 in square baking tin measuring about 4cm/1 and a half in deep with a bit of extra butter.
- Put the sugar, butter and syrup to melt in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Tip oats into the pan. Add the ginger (if using). Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin. Use your hands or a spatula to level it off. Leave to stand for 15 mins. Preheat the oven to 150 C/ 300 F/ gas mark 2 while mixture is standing.
- Bake for at least 40 minutes, till golden and still a little soft in the middle. The mix will firm up as it cools.
- Leave to cool in the tin. When the mixture has cooled slightly, cut it into squares. Take them out when cold and firm.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…