Member recipe by mocha17000
Good, tasty and simple. Goes well as a pizza topping or with pasta or whith things like patties.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes(260g drained weight)
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- handful of fresh basily finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan heat up the oil to medium-high, add the onion and saute for 5-6 mins or until tender,after two minutes of cooking the onion add the garlic.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and turn down to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the dried basil, dried oregano and fresh basil and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…