Member recipe by annieharrison
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 ml cream
- 125 g parmesan cheese finely grated
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add salt and cook the spaghetti.
- In a large frying pan or saucepan, heat the oil and gently fry the onion till soft.
- Add the garlic and the bacon and fry gently till the bacon is cooked.
- Whisk together the cream and the egg yolks.
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain the water, retaining about 100ml.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the bacon, give it a stir, then add half the cheese and the cream and egg mixture as well as the retained cooking water. Mix together quickly and serve into warm bowls, topping with the remaining parmesan.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…