Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff
Member recipe by louielove3d
This is a recipe for people who do not have a lot of time on their hands and need a quick and easy recipe.
- Knob of Butter
- tsp Olive Oil
- 500g Beef Frying Steak, cut into chunks
- 250g Diced Onions (I used frozen)
- 500g Mushrooms (I used a combination of frozen and fresh, roughly chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 150ml Double Cream (you can use the traditonal Sour Cream, if wanted)
- half a bottle of Red Wine
- 5 tsp Paprika
- 6 Sage leaves, chopped (can substitute dried if needed)
- 3 tsp Parsley
- Black Pepper
- White Pepper
- tsp Honey
- 3 tsp Arrowroot and splash of milk, used as a thickener if sauce is not thickened enough.
- Add Knob of butter and Olive Oil to a pan. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic cloves and sage and cook until softened.
- Add red wine and paprika and reduce slightly. Add frozen mushrooms now. Add white pepper and salt.
- Add the Beef and cook until browned slightly. Add fresh mushrooms until softened.
- Add parsley, honey and black pepper
- Add Double Cream and bring to the boil slightly. Taste and check if anymore paprika or parlsey is needed.
- Add Arrowroot if needed, only use a little and stir till thickens and add more if needed. Make Sure the liquid is not cooking or boiling. If the sauce becomes too thick add a little extra double cream or water.
- Serve with Boiled Rice, Roast Potatoes, Noodles or Pasta.
- You can use Chicken Breast or Pork instead of Beef, if needed.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…