Easy Pork Pie
Member recipe by ailsa1970
Pork pie like you have never tasted before. Easy to make and even easier to eat. A family favourite.
- 500g Pork mince
- 2 tsp of pork seasoning
- (alternative mix own seasoning of sage,thyme)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 egg
- Pack of ready made short crust pastry
- Dash of water
- Take pastry out of fridge. Preheat oven at 220C
- Mix mince and salt pepper and pork seasoning in a bowl. Use your hands to really spread the seasoning throughout the mince. Add a desert spoon of water to add more moisture to the mix.
- Roll out pastry and cut a circle big enough for the mince to fit in and have the sides brought up to make a pie shape.
- Cut a lid for the pie from the pastry and having beaten the whole egg use this as the glue to set the lid on top of the pie.
- Transfer pie onto metal tray with baking paper on and brush the whole pie with the egg wash and cut a whole in the top of the pie to let the heat out.
- Cook in an oven of 220 for 50 minutes or if fan oven check at 40 minutes or lower the heat. This is approximate as I have an aga.
- Bring pie out of oven and cool on the tray for about 30 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Once cold cover in baking paper and tin foil and store in fridge.
- Eat cold as part of a picnic or just eat. Enjoy
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…