Member recipe by alexl96
ServingsServes 1 - 12
A great christmas treat using every day ingredients. Also freezable!
- Pinch of Salt
- 255g Plain Flour
- 85g Icing Sugar
- 115g Margarine
- 55g Lard
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Jar of Mince Meat
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Put the salt, flour and icing sugar in a bowl together and mix. Then rub in the fats until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and mix. If the mixture doesn't stick together add a small amount of water.
- Get some patty tins out then roll out the pastry to approx. 1/8 inch thick and cut out 12 big and 12 small pastry circles ( Using cutters ).
- Place the bigger circles in the tins first pushing them down to fit then fill with mince meat and place the smaller circle on top.
- Prick with a fork before putting them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…