Member recipe by laurenswan
- 1 onion
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 x 10ml spoon oil
- 150g long grain rice
- 1 x 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder or cube
- 550ml boiling water
- 50g peas
- 1 x 10ml spoon curry powder
- Chopping board
- Sauce pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Spoon
- Weighing Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Prepare the vegetables: 1. Peel and chop the onion 2. Slice the mushrooms 3. Deseed and dice the red pepper 4. Chop the tomato
- Fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock powder with the water.
- Add the stock, peas and curry powder to the rice mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Serve the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped tomato on top.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…