Member recipe by elaineoconnell
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 450g / 1lb Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 dessertspoons Sugar
- 50g/2oz Margarine or Butter
- 125g/4oz Sultanas or Raisins
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 300ml / 1/4pt Milk
- Preheat oven to 200ÃÂ°C/400ÃÂ°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with flour.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Rub the margarine or butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sultanas or raisins and mix through.
- Finally, add the egg and sufficient milk to make a soft dough, not too wet or sticky! Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead, just enough to bring the dough together.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray and shape into a round 1 1/2Ã¢ÂÂ deep. Cut a cross on top and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…