Plum and Mulled Wine jam
Member recipe by keira_x3
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Jars
- 1.8 kg (4lb) of red plums, halved and stoned
- Half a bottle of red wine
- Mulled wine spices eg. cinammon, nutmeg and cloves
- Piece of orange zest without pith
- 1.8kg (4lb) sugar
- Put the plums and wine into a preserving pan, and place the spices and zest into the pan. Cook gently until the plum skins are soft.
- Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes or until the setting point has reached.
- Add a knob of butter and stir in.
- Pot into cool, sterilised jars, seal and label.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…