Member recipe by cheryl
a salad that even salad haters will love! serves 2 as a side or 1 as a main.
- 1 wholewheat pitta bread toasted
- 1/4 cucumber (deseeded optional) diced
- 1 tomato (deseeded optional) diced
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- 1 tin of tuna drained
- 6tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbs lemon juice
- small bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 1tsp crushed sumac berries (optional)
- 1/2tsp dried red chillies crushed (optional)
- in a large bowl mix together the oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- add the diced cucumber, tomato and spring onion and mix to combine.
- then add the parsley, tuna and chilli and give a good stir.
- chop the toasted pitta into triangles or chunks add these to the tuna mixture.
- finally add a good pinch of sea salt and sprinkle over the crushed sumac.
- Great served as a side at a bbq or just eat it all to yourself (as i do) for lunch.
- omit the tuna and add a small bunch chopped mint for a more basic side salad that will go with most dishes - enjoy -
- this is a salad that even salad haters will love - i promise-
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…