Amalfi Style Shrimp
Member recipe by lanapolitana
A versatile recipe which can be served as an appetizer, a seafood entree or a Tapas dish. This recipe is delicious and very simple to make. If you can't go to Amalfi, bring Amalfi to your table.
- 1 lb of raw shrimp, peeled washed deveined and patted dry
- 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup of very fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 garlic gloves, finely minced
- 12-16 leaves of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Dash of salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Put the olive oil in a medium bowl and add the raw shrimp. Toss and coat evenly. Add the garlic, mint, and salt/pepper in the bowl. Add the bread crumbs and toss lightly making sure all the shrimp are nicely coated. Cover and let marinate for an hour or more in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the broiler. Thread 3-5 shrimp onto each metal skewers. If using wood skewers soak them ahead of time.
- Place all the skewers evenly on a lightly oiled cookie sheet in the middle section of the oven under the broiler. Depending on size of the shrimp, cook the shrimp on each side for about 2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and the shrimp have turned pick. Stay close to the oven they cook very quickly.
- Remove from the oven. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top of the cooked shrimp immediately. Then plate and finish by adding additional fresh mint on top for flavor and garnish.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…