Tequila Lime Chicken
Member recipe by natasha_242
A delicious tender alternative chicken recipe for those lovely long hot summer BBQ's using everyone's favourite...Tequila
- 120 ml gold tequila
- Juice of 5-6 fresh limes
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 diced fresh jalapeno pepper- (de-seeded)
- 3 cloves of diced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons of good salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- To make the marinade- mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the powdered ingredients. If you like the chicken really hot and extra chilli powder, but bare in mind that there is a jalapeno pepper going in. If you can't find the pepper a red or green chilli will also do.
- Take the chicken a place into the marinade mixture. Then pop into the fridge and leave to marinade, preferably overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the griddle with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill to a plate. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then serve either with a peppery salad or in crustry griddled bread or a deli wrap with salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Goes really well with margaritas.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…