Green Risotto with pesto
Member recipe by alessandra75
- For the RISOTTO
- 150g italian Arborio rice (for risotto)
- 50g fresh peas, shelled
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 1 fresh artichoke, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 20g celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 l of hot vegetable stock
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- 1 organic lemon (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp of homemade pesto
- For the PESTO:
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (Parmesan)
- 1-2 tbsp of pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, stir for 2 min. then add the rice and toast it, stirring constantly, for 1 min.
- Add the wine and stir until evaporated. Add the artichoke, the celery and the courgette. Then add 1 ladleful of hot stock, stir until absorbed. Reduce the heat. Add the rest of stock a ladleful at time -stirring continously- until the rice is almost cooked and stock absorbed.
- Meanwhile make the pesto: put the basil leaves, garlic, cheese and pine nuts to the processor, pulse adding enough oil to obtain a creamy sauce. Season with salt.
- Before (5 min.) the rice is completely cooked stir the peas and the pesto through the risotto. Serve topped with basil leaves and, if liked, a grated of lemon peel.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…