One Pot Spicy Rice
Member recipe by caaaath
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water (roughly)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (chilli powder)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 or 2 red chillis
- a handful of peas
- Chop the onion, green pepper and chilli. In a large, deep frying pan or wok, fry these ingredients for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add the rice into the pan, followed by the water. Stir the rice, making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- You may want to add the water in bit by bit as it gets absorbed. This will make sure you don't use too much water and get soggy rice.
- Stir in the turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala (if using). Bring the rice to the boil and add the peas.
- Simmer until the rice has absorbed the water and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…