Member recipe by alessandra75
Just a comfort food: sweet, soft and greedy! With a sparkling "stracciatella" taste made of chocolate curls!
- 6 slices of homemade french "cramique", 1cm thick (a soft loaf made with flour, eggs, yeast, milk and raisins)
- 150g of ricotta
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3-4 tsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of cocoa, for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp of cointreau (optional)
- In a bowl whisk the ricotta, milk and sugar until creamy. Pour the dark chocolate and mix again. You'll have a wonderful "stracciatella" creamy mixture.
- Spread a layer of ricotta-stracciatella over a cramique slice, sprinkle some cocoa on the top and cover with another slice of loaf. Add, if preferred, another layer of ricotta, cocoa and loaf (using 3 slices for each sandwich). Make another sandwich. Allow the sandwiches to "relax" in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- Use, if liked, the liqueur to sprinkle a little the cramique's slices.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…