Pork Steak with Clapshot
Member recipe by jdeclerc
Clapshot is classic Scottish dish using swede, carrots and potatoes. This version gives you 3,5 Weightwatchers points.
- 200 gr potatoes
- 200 gr swede
- 200 gr carrots
- 1 onion
- 30 gr Philadelphia low fat soft cheese
- 4 lean pork steaks (each 150 gr)
- 1/4 pint semi skimmed milk
- 1 egg yoak
- butter can replace the soft cheese
- 3,5 points per serving (150 gr Clapshot + 1 pork steak)
- Peel the potatoes, swede and carrots. Chop them all in equal cubes and boil separately.
- Glaze the chopped onion till soft.
- Preheat the oven using the grill program.
- Drain the boiled potatoes, swede and carrots and mash. Add the glazed onions and milk and mash till desired consistency.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the mash in an oven dish and put under the grill until lightly browned around the edges.
- While the clapshot is under the grill, cook the pork steaks.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…