Member recipe by pittero
- 4 oz digestive biscuits - i.e. half a small packet - must be McVities brand.
- 3 oz, melted butter
- 2 (8-ounce) and 1 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (i.e. 1.5 packs Philadelphia cheese and 1 tub of mascarpone or ricotta)
- 1 cup granulated sugar i.e. 250ml.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- fruit and/or jam for topping
- For the Crust: In a bowl stir together crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter. (Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin or similar.)Turn into a 9-inch springform pan (one that the base separates from the sides to make it easy to remove after baking). Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 10 minutes. Cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F (150°C).
- For the Filling: Beat softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add 1 cup sugar; beating until fluffy. Add 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour into the shell and bake for 1 hour, or until the center is set. Cool then spread with the strawberry glaze. Chill for 3 hours.
- For the Topping: spread a thin layer of jam over the top of the cheesecake and sit fresh fruit onto this. Glaze with a thin layer more of jam if desired.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…