Cheddar Cheese & Corn Muffins
Member recipe by isobelstorm
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
These delicious cheesy corn muffins make a perfect healthy treat for children. Served warm straight from the oven they contain a scrummy chunk of melted cheese in the middle.
- 300g self-raising flour (white or wholemeal)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 75g Yeo Valley Organic Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g Yeo Valley Organic Mature cheddar cheese, cut into 12 small chunks
- 75g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 60g Yeo Valley Organic Butter
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 150g Yeo Valley Organic Greek yogurt
- 175ml Yeo Valley Organic milk
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Mix together the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, grated cheese and sweetcorn in a bowl.
- Melt the butter then mix in the mustard, yogurt, milk, egg and chives. Pour the cheese mixture into the flour and mix briefly to combine. Spoon a small amount of the batter into lightly greased muffin tins. Place a piece of cheese in the centre of each muffin then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove and place on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…