- 200g brown rice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 200g spring greens or chard (trimmed weight), washed and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- natural yogurt, to serve (optional)
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Rinse the rice in cold running water until it runs clear. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, cook the rice for 20-25 mins, then drain.
Place a wide, lidded pan over a medium heat with 2 tbsp oil. Add the greens, salt and pepper and cook, with the lid on, stirring frequently, until the greens are lightly steamed and wilted, about 4-5 mins. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, then add the butter beans and cook, stirring, until heated through. Add the remaining oil, then the cumin seeds and smoked paprika. Stir until evenly combined and serve over the cooked rice with a dollop of yogurt, if you like.