Smoked salmon & ricotta wraps
Member recipe by sophie33
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 4 large tablespoons of fresh sheep ricotta
- rucola leaves, cleaned, about 50 to 60 gr in total
- fresh basil leaves, cleaned, 3 basil leaves per wrap, torn in pieces / so 12 basil leaves for 4 wraps
- smoked salmon: about 150 to 200 gr for 4 wraps
- Take a plate & place 1 tortilla on it. Put water on all the tortilla. Dip the rest of the excess water off with kitchen paper.
- Place in the microwave on the highest heat for 40 seconds.
- Take it out of the microwave. The tortilla wil not be hot.
- Spread the ricotta all over the tortilla. Spread it out on all the sides.
- Now, place the smoked salmon on top of the ricotta. Now, on a horizontal line, place the rucola leaves on top of the salmon. Not too much because rucola is nutty & too much is too much. You want a subtile taste! So, spread the rucola evenly.
- Then, add the 3 pieces of torn basil leaves, just above & under the horizontal line of rucola leaves, evenly spread. Now, instead of rolling it up, fold the left side a bit into the middle of the tortilla & then fold the right side a bit into the middle & then roll the filled tortilla carefully up.
- Take your rolled up tortilla & turn it over. Cut diagonal in 2. 10. Take a serving plate & plate up! Put 1 half on the plate & place the other half on top!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…