- 6 courgettes, trimmed and cut into chunky batons
The courgette is a variety of cucurtbit, which means it's from the same family as cucumber,…
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 85g dried or stale breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan (or vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese)
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 4 tbsp ready-made tomato pasta sauce or passata
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place courgettes in a baking dish or roasting tin and toss with the chilli, thyme, 1 tbsp oil and seasoning. Bake for 20 mins.
Meanwhile, put the remaining oil in a bowl. Stir in the garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and a little seasoning. 3 Stir the tomato sauce through the soft courgettes, then sprinkle with the crumbs and bake for a further 10-15 mins until crisp.