Spicy Black Bean Soup
Member recipe by hross2010
A wholesome, low in fat and high in fibre soup that has got a nice spice to it.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 120g of mild green chilies (usually from a jar) chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili with seeds chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 425g can of black beans
- 1 425g can of kidney beans
- 450ml of chicken stock
- Sour cream and tortilla chips to serve
- Heat oil in large pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, green chilies, garlic, jalapeno and cumin. Saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans with juices and stock. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until flavours blend, about 15 minutes.
- Puree 675ml of soup in batches in a blender. Return puree to same pan. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soups into bowls and serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…