Fennel and lemon baked seabass
Member recipe by katiedorey
- 600g new potatoes
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed cored and thinly sliced
- handful fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 12 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon cut into 6 slices
- 6 sea bass fillets, skin on
- 100ml dry white wine
- Oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for 10mins then add the fennel for a further 5mins.
- Mix the dill, olives and oil together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and fennel. When cool enough to handle, slice the potatoes into 5mm thick slices. Lay them in a baking tray with the fennel and season well. Lay the lemon slices over the top then place the sea bass fillets on top. Season well.
- Top each sea bass fillet with a little of the dill and olive mixture then pour over the wine plus 4tbsp cold water. Cover the tray tightly with foil and bake for 20-25mins or until the fish is just cooked.
- Serve each fillet with a cooked lemon slice, some juice from the tray, the potatoes and fennel and a green salad on the side if you want.
- Per serving: 311kcal, 8.1g fat, 1.3g sat fat, 40.8g protein, 16.9g carbs, 1.9g sugar, 0.5g salt
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…