toffee crumble ice cream
Member recipe by katiedorey
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Bars
- 450g/1lb shortbread (plain and/or choc chip), crushed
- 100g/4oz butter melted
- 1.2-1.3 litres/2-2 1/4 pts good vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 2/3 of a 450g jar dulce de leche (or about 300ml/10floz thick toffee sauce)
- Line a 28 x 18cm baking tin with double foil, leaving some overhanging.
- Mix the crushed shortbread and butter, then tip just over half into the tin, smoothing it out. Freeze for about 15mins until firm.
- Spread the ice cream over the base, smoothing the top out. Freeze for about 30mins until set.
- Warm the dulce de leche or toffee sauce until just pourable (not hot!!) and slowly drizzle over the ice cream. Break up the remaining shortbread minxture with your fingers and sprinkle over as a crumble topping. Freeze again until firm, roughly 4-5hrs. Remove from tin using foil and cut into bars. (you can get 8 big bars or 16 small bars)
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…