courgette bacon bolognese
Member recipe by iloveeeshoes
a healthy and balanced pasta dish , built especially for athletes as it is rich in healty nutrients and carbohydrates.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 50g bacon/pancetta
- 1tbsp sundried tomato puree
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 dash of worcestshire sauce
- salt and pepper seasoning
- 100g lean mince
- 50g diced green olives
- 50g sweetcorn
- 50g chopped courgettes
- 5g cheddar cheese
- 5g breadcrumbs
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- finely chop the onion and heat the vegetable oil in the saucepan . add the onion , courgette , olive , sweetcorn , mince , and bacon/pancetta and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- add the tin of tomatoes ,tomato puree , and seasoning.simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- add pasta to boiling water . cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente. drain pasta into a colander and rinse with cold water .
- remove pasta from saucepan and place in a bowl . add the sauce on top and place sliced cheese and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes until melted and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top , serve and enjoy .
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…