Member recipe by sssotiris
Tasty and filling salad with lots of green, tomatoes and a homemade mustard vinaigrette
- For the salad
- 3-4 chopped Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4-5 round lettuce (iceberg lettuce)
- 4-5 lollo rosso lettuce (red leaf lettuce)
- 5-6 Rocket leaves
- 4-5 Cretan rusks (cretan paximadia/dakos)
- 1-2 tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- yellow, orange and red peppers finely chopped
- For the vinaigrette
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar (half the amount of oil)
- only a little wine vinegar
- 3 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 paprika
- salt (as much as you want)
- a pinch of black pepper
- Break the Cretan paximadia into medium pieces and place them into a big bowl.
- Chop all the kinds of lettuce into pieces (preferably with your hands) and put them into the bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and put them into the bowl.
- Chop the peppers into fine pieces and put them into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients of the vinaigrette together into a big cup and pour it over the salad.
- Mix the sald well and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…