Paprika Pork Cobbler
Member recipe by shazza59
- 1lb diced pork
- 1oz flour, seasoned
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 8oz carrots
- 7oz can toms
- good squirt tom puree
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 pint pork or chicken stock (I used 2 Knorr chicken stock pots)
- 8oz self raising flour
- good pinch of salt
- good pinch of black pepper
- a good pinch of mixed herbs if so desired
- milk to bind
- 2oz cheddar cheese if so desired
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f gas mark 4
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Coat the pork in some of the flour and fry until browned, then put into a casserole dish.
- Fry the onions and carrots until lightly cooked, onions at the translucent stage, add to the casserole dish. Stir in the rest of the flour the toms, stock and paprika and tom puree mix well.
- Cover and cook for about an hour and a half. I check and stir a few times.
- Then.... For the cobbler. Sift the flour and add the seasoning and anything else you want to add. Rub in the marg, until like bread crumbs then stir in the milk a little at a time until it is a smooth dough. Roll out into about 1 inch thick and cut into rounds. Arrange the rounds overlapping each other around the dish. Cook for a further 20-30 mins.
- Feeds about 4 people.
- I serve with Spuds and veg, but sometimes with have it in dishes with crusty bread.
- If doing a beef one instead.... Change the stock to oxo's and gravy granules and omit the flour. Or just use Knorr Beef Stock Pots for more flavour.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…