Member recipe by tamaraswarbreck
Scrumptious hazelnut and oat crumble, over tangy rhubarb, sweetened with the finest Steens Manuka Honey.
- Compote Ingredients:
- 500g Rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large tablespoons of Steens Raw Manuka Honey (add more for a sweeter taste)
- Crumble Ingredients:
- 40g cold diced butter
- 4 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of Steens Raw Manuka Honey
- Place all the compote ingredients into a pot and stir.
- Bring to the boil stirring often then immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rhubarb is soft and stewed.
- Place in a dish in preparation for the crumble.
- Rub butter into flour and when combined add the oats and hazelnuts and continue to rub in .
- Lastly mix in the manuka honey and dollop the crumble all over the rhubarb.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until crumble is golden in a 190 C degree oven. Complete the dish with a serving of yoghurt or ice cream.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…