Buttery lemon chicken
Member recipe by mahuya
- 800 gms chicken
- Butter 100gms
- Garlic cloves 7-8
- Mustard sauce 2 tbsp
- Ginger root 1inch
- Peppercorns 20
- 1 lemon zest and juiced
- 1 lemon zest
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Cashew 25
- Salt as per taste
- Blend the garlic cloves, ginger and half the peppercorns in your blender. Mix 1tbsp mustard the lime juice,1 lemon zest and salt with this paste and rub on the chicken well. Spread on a oven proof container and pour some olive oil.
- Put the chicken at 215 fan/225 degree C in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile blend the cashew, remaining peppercorn and the lemon zest in your blender till smooth. Add the remaining 1 tbsp mustard sauce to this and mix with a spoon
- In a pan,melt the butter,add the blended cashew peppercorn mixture in the butter. Add water and make a smooth gravy. Now, take out the chicken and put into this gravy. Scrape the spices from the container to the pan. Let this mixture simmer in the pan for 5 minutes or till the chicken is done as per your liking. Add the honey and simmer for 1 minute occassionally stirring.
- Adjust seasoning and serve immediately with rice or bread
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…