Delicious Homemade Pizza
Member recipe by love-2-bake
- 250g strong white flour (bread flour)
- Pinch of salt
- Half of 7g satchet dried yeast
- Half tbsp sunflower/ vegetable oil
- Lukewarm water- amount dependable
- About 150g pizza or pasta sauce
- 100g grated cheese
- Any toppings you want!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or gas mark 6. Grease the pizza tray.
- Sift the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and make a well in the middle.
- Add the oil and bit by bit mix in warm water until you have a soft dough in your hands.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes. Place the dough in a bowl, cover it with cling film and leave it to prove for 15 minutes. THIS IS IMPORTANT!! YOU MUST LET THE DOUGH PROVE!!!
- Prepare your toppings (e.g: chop muhrooms) Once the dough has proved, roll it out into the shape of your pizza tray. Place the dough on you pizza tray.
- Spread your sauce onto the base, put your toppings on (do not pile toppings on top of each other) and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and is golden brown. Remove the pizza, turn off the oven and leave the pizza to cool a bit.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…